So wut up in Rev. Spyro land? Here's what!
My band Girl to Gorilla, adulterous bastards that they are, decided TO PLAY WITHOUT THE REV - OH THE HUMANITY! and to boot they did an Iggy Pop tribute - God Damn It, I wanted to jam on Passenger!!!! Tonight at Otto's Shrunken Head!
But alas I'm Pacific locked on bizzy biz.
On my downtime I've discovered some REALLY COOL SHIT!
1. My co-worker Matt Tucker has an awesome website called TWO CENTS SPEAKS - You may have seen the stickers around BBurg and Bushwick! Who Knew??!!
3. SHALOM - an LA Jewish themed street-wear company with a sense of humor that surpasses irony and actually makes you smile and appreciate their images.
4. Skate Book - a massive tome of a magazine that covers street culture and skateboarding that is rife with art, photos etc. and like the Rev.'s Uzi - it weighs a fucking ton.
5. In and Out Burger - yes the Rev.'s never done the In and Out...BURGER that is! and holy Free Masons Batman - they has got Bible passages cryptically referenced on the bottom of the soda cups and they got their own underground ordering code that it seems only locals know - the drive-in line was around the damn block but so fucking worth it.
6. The Red Beer - OK so you take a pint glass and rub a lime around the rim. You dip the rim in course salt Margherita style. You add Tecate beer - out the can is best. You add (bear with me, this sounds gross but it's awesome) some Tapatio hot sauce - douse your concoction with as much as you can handle - and finally (here's the part most can't deal with but I swear it's awesome) you add Clamato Juice and abracahangover - you gotz da Cerveza Rojo.
7 . Holy Shit - I just found out a Staten Island Newspaper ACTUALLY quoted me in an article about bad dating that the righteous, dead-sexy, lady friend of da Rev. - Judith Mc(soon to be a best selling fucking author)Guire was the the impetus for! again WHO KNEW! Though Lady Judes IS the expert here - the Rev's "Bad Date" advice was...
" ...I drank myself through it," Spyro Panousopoulos admits about the time he went out with an actress who literally wouldn't stop crying...I kind of blanked, like I was in a car wreck...I realized, it's time to find a way to make this a little less awkward for myself, and that way was through whiskey..."
Tomorrow we hit Irvine and then Sandy Ago.
So-Cal here we come - oh yeah! Surf's up bitches!
A(Double- Double Meal with extra onions, peppers and spread please)Men!