Those of you who are familiar with both the Kick Ball craze in N.
Brooklyn and one of my favorite watering holes, the Turkey's Nest
on Bedford Ave. should take a minute to check out the letter Kevin Daily - curator of the Kick Ball league - wrote to Steve owner at the Turkey's Nest on Gawker.
Here are the Rev's thoughts on this...
That Gawker gives a shit about this is amazing. Don't they have some
celebrity to stalk, torture and defame? I guess Paris Hilton took a day
2. I'm not taking sides as I know both parties but since I DO know both parties and so do the 3 people who read my blog - does anyone agree with me that Steve's reaction will be less than, let's say, accommodating? Especially when Mr.
Daily is asking for a laminated drink ticket that will allow him and his "lady of the evening" to drink for free for life!
3. Mr. Dailey takes names and kicks ass! Aside from the entire family of folks who own the Turkey's Nest (who are named in Mr. Dailey's correspondence) here's a list of people that have reason to hate the Kick Ball King right now:
- Tommy "Flag" and Roger the maintenance guys at the Nest
- Turkey's Nest Bartenders Chris, Pat and Scott
- Old Joe who opens in the morning
- Bob Johnson of Europa fame
Kick ball!? It still makes me laugh that grown adults still play kick
ball. See where I grew up the only people who played kick ball where
the "special" kids that came to school on the short bus. This is
because people were afraid to give them bats or hardballs.
This shit made my day - hope it makes yours.